Monday, July 14, 2008

Where is your Faith today?


I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me (Phil. 4:13)


Posting is hard, but not impossible.


This morning (afternoon really), I thought about how to get this blog off the ground. Would people really be interested in stories about Faith. Is Faith a dead horse, beatened into the ground by books, quotes, cliche's, and endless bumper stickers? Well I would hope not!


By Faith, we believe to see those things that we continually hope for: saved loved ones, a marriage restored, financial breakthroughs, healings in our bodies and overall well being. This list goes on and on.


Although it is good that we are able to read stories of inspiration and hope, we need a tangible means of relating to those in the story and a methodology of applying it in our lives. We are, of course, only human. But I challenge everyone to really take some time and think about where you are in your faith walk. Teetering on 4 inch stilletos or resting comfortably in your loafers?


Well today, I think that I am somewhere inbetween the two. I have some things that I desperately need to see the Lord move in and some things that I know God's got.


As I write this blog, I am not trying to debate theology or confound the wise. I am just trying to relate as a woman and a sister; a girlfriend, if you will, who knows the tribulation and triumphs that WE go through. We are often taught that we go through things for a reason, to be a blessing for some one else, that is why it is important that we share our experience and give hope to another that their faith might increase. The Bible says in Romans 1:17 "For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is WRITTEN, The just shall live by faith".


It is a bit intimidating to put yourself out here like this and believe, have the faith, to continue to write what you feel, share it with others and know that God will be glorified in it. I am not sure of what will come from this, but I know that if one person is helped, edified, inspired and encouraged to go forth and possess the land, then God has fulfilled His promise to me.


Ladies, please save this blogspot, and pass it along. I am looking to reach the masses and get their stories for posting. Everything is important and necessary for our learning experience. Help me to increase in Faith.


MiVida es de Oro

(My Life is Golden)

Tried in the fire, but I am coming out pure gold!
(Shoes by Donald J Pliner - Ryba)


No comments: