Wednesday, May 13, 2009

God is Faithful

This past Saturday was one of the best days of my life. I had a great time celebrating with my sisters. When we (my friends and I) decided that we would host such an event, we had no idea what the Lord had in mind. Although I had coined the phrase Faith With Heels, I still have not experienced every situation or been in every circumstance that others have had to deal with, yet I knew that my shoes were appropriate for me.

This weekend was filled with joy, laughter and excitement. Each woman that spoke, truly spoke from their heart and give sound wisdom to us all. Each woman that sang a song, sang from the depths of their soul to be a blessing to us all. Each woman that attended, did so because they wanted to celebrate with us and encourage us all.

As the day progressed, I began to realize that the Lord is truly faithful. Leading up to this event, I was unsure if we would have the funds to cover our expenses. Then people started calling saying they couldn't make it, etc, etc, etc. But God was showing me that He has all power in His hands and that I must stand still to see His salvation. Our team forged ahead and boy did the ladies show up.

We had over 100+ women in attendance. (Sorry, I don't have the exact number yet.) And after the bills were paid, we blessed New Beginnings Sanctuary with $500 for their organization. This is a donation coming from a group that had no money and started with no money.

Therefore, I want to thank everyone (yes, you) for their love, prayers, support, and guidance.

Here is my short list of named thanks you's:
The Lord who was on my side throughout this entire event.
The Ladies of Faith, my committee
The Sisters of Faith, my hostesses with the mostess
Pi Banquet Hall - Tony Gioutsos who supported and believed in us
My Aunt ~ Juanita Haley for the gorgeous cupcake give-a-ways
Pastor Joseph and Lady Portia Hewitt

All of the Vendors: SpiritedInfusions ~ Heidi Robinson, The Cake Fairy ~ Joan Wright, A Time to Heal ~ LaShawn Myers, Self-Discovery Workbook ~Benita Beckles, Easy Wear ~ Wanda Allen

All of the Donations: DeMocha ~ Spafetish, Affirmations by Crisette, JJPorr ~ Lady Portia, What's Possible ~ Daryn Kagan, DeShawn Snow Foundation
(Look under my favorite sponsors for links to their sites)
And all of our speakers: Each one with a testimony that is unique yet relatable.
  • Laura Varon Brown - The Detroit Free Press
  • Dr. Stacy Leatherwood-Cannon ~ Healthy Start 101
  • Margaret Wilson ~ ACTS Impact
  • Doria Hickman
  • Sakeena Strickland
  • LouAnne Stewart ~ Bible Motivated Women
I am so glad that we were able to share in this experience. Lord willing, We will be doing it again next year, same day/same place/same time. Mark your calendars now for Saturday, May 8, 2010 at the Pi Banquet Hall 28847 Franklin Road, Southfield, MI.

Thanks again to everyone who supported this event, venture and my vision. Couldn't do it without you.

Keep Walking,
MiVida

No comments: