Monday, August 18, 2008

My Faith is On Trial


1 Peter 1:6-9

Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love in whom, though ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.



In a court room, a person stands before a judge. You are either the plaintiff or the defendant. You are either making claim against someone or defending your actions. The plaintiffs duty is to lay out all of the evidence against the defendant and convince a judge and/or jury of their crime. The plaintiff gives the facts and supports the claim with documents or evidence to support the claim.


The defendant is doing just that: defending. The defendant must refute or dispute the evidence with information and documentation of their own. They must also make claims against the claims that are used as evidence against them.


Ultimately, the Judge decides the matter. Period! The Judge decides what is permissible and acceptable in each case.


Today, MY FAITH is on trail.


I am the plaintiff and Faith is the defendant. God is always the judge.


Looking at my circumstance with my natural eyes, as the plaintiff, I present evidence and facts against the situation at hand. I recall all the facts with familiarity, because right now they are hurting me so. I call all the witnesses to support me because everything feels so heavy. I also use evidence that is not fully supported and claims that have NO documentation. I parade each problem before the Judge and openly discuss their misdeeds. I uncover facts that are not relevant to the current case and try to apply them to my claim. I use every trick in the book to persuade the Judge of my cause.


All the while, FAITH sits quietly, observing each piece of evidence. Even though all the evidence is not true, Faith allows them to be submitted and applied to the case. Faith allows the FIRE of the situation to be turned up even higher because Faith knows that it must praise, honour and glorify God in every situation.


There are no sudden outburst, no weeping or crying, just resolute silence. Faith already knows the verdict.


Faith holds out, not even breaking a sweat. Faith endures the accusations and lies hurled in the midst of my heaviness. Faith loves the Lord so much and works only to please Him. Faith is Golden.


I picked the moniker "Golden" because I am often tried in the fire. The Bible lets me know that I am coming out as pure gold. And even though gold may perish, the Faith within me is more precious than anything else and it will remain.


In this trial today, Faith has won. The evidence that I have presented is not only faulty, God disallows it. My witnesses are not credible. Even though I have paraded them through the courtroom, God says He has a greater cloud of witnesses. And the documents that I have gathered are all burned in the fire.


I must pull up my bootstraps and stick it out. The trial is not so great that my hope in Him is diminished by some temporal things; by this faulty, uncredible evidence. I should know by now that the Verdict is always the same.

FAITH WINS!!!!!!!!


Keep Walking,


MiVida es de ORO!
"My life is Golden!"
(Brown Boots by Steve Madden 2008 Fall Collection)

3 comments:

Racquel Simone said...

In tune with the Holy Spirit is all I can say! God is faithful though....and he reminded me this morning of his faithfulness and that HE WILL bring every promise to pass with a beautiful rainbow on my drive to work! Oh...and you know I LOVE the boots :)

Anonymous said...

Amen. My faith is on trial in many areas of my life. Yet I know that God is faithful to His Word. I strive to walk by faith in the promises of God, knowing that all of His promises shall manifest in my life for His Glory.

Unknown said...

Hey Readers,

I must mention, forgive me for not doing so, that the boots were submitted by Racquel Simone. They are a Steve Madden Original. And they are smokin' bad.