Monday, January 19, 2009

Open the Door!


Acts 14:27 ~ "And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles."

How long has the door been closed?

I believe that it is time for the women of faith to open the door of faith to others who are in need of a faith-infusion. We guard so carefully the testimony within us that we do not even attempt to rehearse all that God has done unless it is within the walls of the church.


Our testimony is to be shared with others about the goodness, mercy, justice and love that the Father has for us. We assume that the atmosphere must be just so, that we must have a particular platform or that our testimony is useless.

God is compelling us to open the door of our lives to others, so that they might also have Faith in what He can do. We don't all go through things in the same manner. We don't all experience the same issues and we don't all get delivered the same way. Therefore our uniqueness in a situation is useful to someone elses deliverance, acceptance and edification.

We often shut the door on what God has in store for us and for others, because of our lack of faith in what good can come from what we have experienced. If it has helped or blessed you, then it is useful to me.

As I continue to live, I have learned that everything is of value, it is just what you choose to do with it. Being left and rejected has value because it causes you to re-evaluate your own life and either grow from it or groan about it. Being lied on cause you to always be mindful of the truth and to speak it always. Being friendless has valued because it causes you to love the friends that you do have and recognize them when they enter your life, etc.

I am grateful that God has pointed out to me that there is a door of faith and that He wants it open to everyone.

So ladies, anyone, everyone, tell me how the door of faith get closed?

Keep Walking,

MiVida es De Oro!
My Life is Golden!
Shoes by S. Weitzman ~ Fever











2 comments:

Stiletto's said...

Good word, It is very important to bless others by sharing what only the Lord has gotten us through by His love and grace.Yes, let's all take the time to bless someone this week with words of encouragement from our faith walk in our "High Heels".

My name is Bonnie, said...

Many years ago, the Lord spoke to my heart and said, "I did not just deliver you for the sake of yourself. As good as it's been, it hasn't just been for you!"
With those words, I began to share my experiences without shame or fear. There is indeed deliverance in our testimonies.

Great word, my friend!

Bonnie
extendedhope.com