Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Be Kind to Yourself


In a time when people are more concerned and consumed with their daily lives and activities, it is quite easy for us to be unkind to ourselves. I see that my life has been inundated with lots of things, activities, to do's etc., that have not add any value so I have actually forgotten to be kind to me. I have forsaken time with the Lord because I have to this or that and I say I'll do it later. I have not relaxed because I have to go to work, since I have to pay the bills. I have not sat in the bathtub because that will take some time and I just don't have time to spare on me.

The Lord is more faithful than any calendar or schedule we may put before Him. I have been reminded that I have to keep walking with my heels on, but I definitely can take a break. It is hard to break the cycle because we are compelled to do things when we don't have to. We have to learn to make our no's no and our yes's yes. But they must be defined by our own standards. The Lord is showing me that He designs my life but I have to take some things off of my plate. I have to place thing on my calendar that glorify Him. Being stressed out brings no glory. Being worn out brings no glory. Being used up brings no glory.

The word of the Lord was spoken to me that "He will show me great and mighty things." But the precursor is that I must call unto Him (Jer 33:3). I hadn't done that in quite some time. I hadn't gone to the well for refreshing, I was just waiting on the rain, but I was caught in a drought. I was seeking Him through another's anointing and trying to get refreshed from someone else's out pour. It is time for me to be kind to me and to seek Him desperately for the rain. Because I do want to reign with Him.

My destination is my Destiny and treating myself unkind is not the way to go about it. I do deserve a break; I do deserve some peace; I do deserve a blessing; I do deserve His anointing; I do deserve kindness from myself and others.

This week I am going to commit some Random Acts of Kindness towards myself. I am going to treat myself to the Word of God, to some much needed rest, to some peace and to some joy. Everything else will have to wait.

My admonishment to you is to "BE KIND TO YOURSELF". Treat yourself right and others will follow. Don't take on things that you don't want to and do the things that you desire. Learn something new. Whatever you desire do it, but be kind to you. Put a yes in your spirit to follow Him and be open to the things that He is bringing. You will know if it is from Him.

I pray this helps someone, because it is helping me.
Keep Walking,

MiVida
Resting my feet!


3 comments:

Sandy @ The Scoop on Balance said...

Well, your prayer has just been answered. This post has helped me.

I am in the middle of a lot of "life" right now, and I'm feeling very overwhelmed. I don't do well with "overwhelmed." I'm working hard to get my house clean and organized (after much neglect), to keep my blog updated with insightful and well-written posts, to make contact with people who have fallen off my call list and shouldn't have, and-oh-I have a hubby and three kids to take care of.

And that's just today.

I'm looking ahead at the weekend, and my mind is racing as to how to most wisely use my time. And then I came across your blog.

I'm thinking God wants to tell me something.

So thanks so much for writing this. It was perfect timing for me.

Blessings,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

MiVida,

This is so on point for me. I really appreciate your words of encouragement. I am praying that your ministry contiues to grow and flourish. No matter what happens, don't give up on God!! Thanks again!
Kim Tucker

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi,

Thanks for sharing that with us! Very insightful! It lifted me up!!!

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog -or- atleast
grab one of our free, linking, blue buttons. (see top
sidebar at www.LighthousePrayerLine.org).