Monday, June 29, 2009

Fully Loaded


Psalms 68:19 ~ Blessed by the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.


Today as I thought about what to write in this post, I was stumped because I felt empty. I felt that there was nothing that I could say to you that would be of encouragement. For the past two weeks, I have been running on overdrive and depleting my resources and time with the Lord. Like a chicken with her head cut off I was running from this thing to that thing and I had not stopped to rest or refresh. I had not focused on what the will of the Lord was for me. I had not tapped in. So I pushed the stop button and started to reflect.


Once I got myself back on track, I realized that it was the Lord who was sustaining me in the times that I felt depleted. His benefits were renewed everyday, it was just how I was choosing to utilize them. As I looked at myself naturally, I realized that I was mimicking the natural, spiritually. For example, I had not gone to the doctor in quite some time. Praise the Lord, I have not been sick or even felt ill. Yet I had not taken the time to care about me and to just get a checkup. However, I still have benefits. I still have vision and dental too. I have choices to maintain my health. It is totally up to me how I use them.


Every morning my health insurance provider places my name on a list that assures that I will be covered that day. I don't have to call and ask, it is automatically done. And even though I don't use them every day I am still covered. If I choose not to use them, that is totally up to me. This is like my spiritual walk. Everyday the Lord's mercies are new, I can use them or not use them. Everyday, He provides me with blessings which cannot be counted or told, I can use them or not use them. Everyday, He refreshes my soul, I can rest in it or run out of it. Everyday, He gives me wisdom, I can use it or ignore it. And so on.


Today in my thoughts of depletion, I came across this scripture that reminded me that I am fully loaded everyday. I have everything I need to get through the day, it is just how I choose to use the day. It is how I choose to use my benefits. It is who I depend on to help me make it through.


In the next few weeks, I plan to get my plan in order. I have made my doctor's appointments and I have also released some things so that I can spend more time with the Lord. I am making full use of my benefits that He has for me and I am using them wisely.


It is so important for me to focus on the plan that He has for me and to stay in His will. With all of the things I want to accomplish, it is more important for me to know that He is with me and replenishing my supply everyday.


We all have natural benefits that are renewed: daily, weekly, monthly and yearly but only He can replenish our souls on a daily basis.


What I realize is that when I feel most empty, that is a prime time for my refreshing. And I also recognize that the only thing I should be loaded down/up with is His benefits. I pray the same for you.


Keep Walking,



Mi Vida
(Shoes reflect Choices)





No comments: