Friday, February 26, 2010

Keep Living!!!!!

Keep Livin'


In John 10:10, Jesus told us: "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly."


How many of you have heard the saying?: Just Keep livin'.


My grandma used to say this sometimes. And at the time I couldn't understand what she meant. "Just keep livin'." She was warning me that throughout all of my life I will experience enough things that will try to tear me down but I have to allow them make me stronger. My grandmother endured hatred, segregation, jim crow, being called out of her name, and living in America as a woman. And in spite of all of that, she still was regal, kind and loving in her own way. She was a strong, peaceful and beautiful woman. She kept living.


During my life I have experienced enough to know that through it all I can keep livin'. I still experience times when I need guidance and direction but I know that if I keep livin' I will make it through. This year I turn 40, yes the BIG 40, but I am not afraid to say it. I will keep living.


Jesus promised that I could have "life...more abundantly" and I am definitely going to keep livin' to see, experience, and be thankful for it. Despite what the has come up against me in the previous years, I am learning to come into my own. I am learning that I can stand in the midst of adversity and still be advocated by the King. I am learning that "no weapon is going to prosper".


40 years is quite a long time, but in actuality, there are only about 20 years of true life learning and experience.


In my teens: I knew nothing. I thought I knew everything. As as Malteen would say, too big for my own britches but I kept livin'.


In my twenties: I knew better. But I made a lot of mistakes. I found out that some things were just not worth it. And I kept livin'.


In my thirties: I knew more about me. I lost some people and things but gained a whole lot more of both. I found me and began to love me more because I just kept livin'.


Now that 40 is only 30 days away, I am so glad that I am still learning, loving and living me. When I look back I realized that my teens were expended on friends; my twenties were expended on my independence; and my thirties were expended on my family and job. I do not regret any of these things but now I am asking, where/who/what/why/when am I?

I don't have all answers to many of these questions but I am finding my way as I "Just Keep Livin'." About two years ago I started saying that I am, "Living my life (Mi Vida) like it's Golden." And this I do believe because I have and will be tried in much fire, but I am coming out as pure gold. I believe that what has transpired is only for my good and it is to save much people alive. I believe that my faith will increase and will be extended to generations after me. I believe that I have the right to believe God for any promise He has extended unto me. There is only one thing that is needed.... I have to "Just Keep Livin'."


In the meantime, I'll Keep Walking (in Faith),



MiVida es de Oro

My Life is Golden!
Mui Mui Swarovski

1 comment:

My name is Bonnie, said...

Amen and amen! I turn 40 next April, so I'm right there with you! You always have such a poetic way of summarizing your life, and I love it!

I also love the mui, mui swarovski...cute!

My love,
Bonnie
extendedhope.com