Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow







Hey Ladies,

Don't worry, I am still here. I purposely waited until today to post. This is a day of musing, reflecting, and thought.

Yesterday

Isaiah 42:9

Behold, the former things are come to pass and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Yesterday, "All my troubles seemed so far away." Yesterday was full of fun and freedom. Last night as I reflected on the day, I realized that each day is a gift and treasure. That all the troubles of the day before are gone and new hope and expectation for tomorrow is coming. I was able to relax and enjoy what HE has given to me and to get all of the joy out of it. The things that did not go well, "Oh Well", they are over now.

Here's my list of activities:

Tried to sleep in, that didn't happen.
Rejoiced with my sister in law over her new home.
Had lunch, the salad was soooo good.
Went to class, got an A on my quiz.
Made good on a promise to my daughter to go to the movies.
Laughed real hard in the show, ate the popcorn with the fake butter (again).
Cooked a real dinner.
Took a long hot quiet, no kids at the door shower.
Read one chapter of my book.
Let the T.V. watch me.
Slept well.

Today
1Samuel 12:16
Now therefore stand and see this great thing, which the Lord will do before your eyes.
I expect great things from the Lord today. Well, He promised it. I look forward to seeing what He has in store for me. God is unfolding Himself at this very hour; giving me revelation of things to come and what He is doing in the future. I am standing still to see the goodness of the Lord. I am appreciating all the things that He has lined up for me. I know He is doing it. And I am going to receive it. I am rejoicing over it and I am using this time just to bless Him. I am not wrapped up in this election, cause He is still my God and in control. I am not worried about finances, because He owns the cattle upon a thousand hills. He has given me the power to get wealth and He has all things in His hands. I choose to enjoy today; to speak well of it, to be grateful for the sun, rain, sleet or hail. I thank God I can see it, hear the sounds of it and feel the heat of the sun or the cool of the rain. I expect to see the manifested blessings only He can bring. He may send you to bring them but it is through Him that we live, move and have our being.

I thank Him today for:
My Life, Health, My Children, My Husband (that which was and is to come), You, Joy, Peace, Goodness, Mercy, Kindness, Manifestations, Power, Liberty, Patience, Knowledge, Wisdom, Humility, Grace and For Him being so gracious to us all.

Tomorrow
James 4:14
Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

I can't even begin to describe tomorrow. It could be easy or it could be rough. It could be....? Yet there is one thing that I know is true, it belongs to God. He knows what shall take place on tomorrow. He knows who will be President and He also knows that He IS King. I don't have to fret about any bills, any issues or any drama because it may or may not come. I will not expend energy, time or valuable brain cells on the future issues or causes that may arise.
Tomorrow:
I will be excited about what is to come. I will be in expectation of great things. I will rejoice in the Lord. I will give Him all praise, for this is the day that He has made. I will sing His Praises. I will not be stressed or in some mess. I will not be a victim but victorious. I will shout unto the Lord. I will speak well of Him and everyone. I will not succumb to the cares of this life. I will see the manifestation of His goodness. I will pray for you, me and the world. I will thank Him for a new day, new mercies and new blessings. I will look to the hills. I will be me.

Have a blessed, prosperous and Faith filled day.

Keep Walking even with THOSE heels ON!


MiVida

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sista Girl Amen! For those of you who know me I am not speechless very often...but today is one of those rare occasion...lol

Truly you have said a mouthful and I just want to say dido on everything except I thank God for my husband (that is and will be to the glory of God.) Smile

Smooches,
Beautiforashes

Queenie Jeannie said...

Lovely post!!

My name is Bonnie, said...

Say It!!! Once again, my new sister, I am loving it! No use me writing a post today, you've said it all, for us all! My post today will simply include a link to your blog. How could I not share the richness?

Much love,
Bonnie
extendedhope.com

Racquel Simone said...

FABULOUS!

Tea with Tiffany said...

feel the passion in your words. Be that voice!

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

My Sista in Christ, Love, and Family. The Strengh you carried Yesterday was in his hands, the Love you poured out today was in his hand, and the faith you have in tomorrow is all in his hand. Continue to pray, Live steadfast, and worship the Lord.

Its the God in Me - Bridget