Monday, July 27, 2009

Dreaming


Last week I had a dream about my mom, Patricia. The dream was really clear and I believe that there was a message that the Lord is trying to convey to me. Patricia is my biological mother Carol's sister. Patricia adopted me and raised me after my mother was killed over 33 years ago. Although I talk with her often, I haven't seen her in about 3 years as she lives in New Mexico. (If anyone wants to buy the girls and I plane tickets, Yes we accept.) So here is my dream:

I was in the ladies room at the house of some other family members and I was in the process of getting dressed. The other family members had some clothes that they had laid out for me and I was about to put them on. Then the door opened and my mother came in with a bag full of beautiful clothes for me. In the dream I was really surprised to see her and we began to talk. I asked her about the clothes and she said I brought you some clothes to wear and she began to show me the things she had chosen for me. As I began to protest, because I already had some clothes and she insisted that I wear the clothes she brought. Now in the dream I was thinking, I am too old for her to pick out my clothing. So I kept asking why she brought me all this stuff. Then finally she said, "I don't want you wearing those clothes that they are trying to put on you." And I woke up.

All that day I tried to figure out what this dream meant for me. What was she trying to say? What was God trying to convey? I called my mother, who as I was calling her, she said she was just thinking about me. She wanted to talk with me and will be coming to MI soon. Yay!!!!!

This dream is still so vivid in my mind. I prayed several times for my mom and also for those who were in my dream. But I couldn't put it together. I am not an interpreter of dreams but when I have one that sticks with me, I know that the Lord is trying to say something to me. The last time I had a dream that was so real, within days the Lord prepared me and revealed to me what was taking place. I often tell people that the reason that the Lord speaks to me in dreams is because I won't be quite and still long enough to hear Him speak, so He waits until I am knocked out to talk.

Anywho, back to my dream. As I continued to rehearse this dream, I believe that my mother represented the source of provision for me and that as the source, she had everything I needed. She has brought a multitude of clothing for me, chosen for me, but I was too eager to just wear what someone else had for me. I was ready to put on things that didn't belong to me, that didn't fit me and wasn't really chosen for me. In the dream I was willing to take whatever, but I my mother had other plans for me. Actually I had no idea what I was getting, I was just satisfied with it. And when something better came along, I tried to deny it. In reality, I see that the Lord only has the best for me and I cannot settle for less than best. He gives me a glimpse of my future and I cannot stop short of what He has planned for me.

Sometimes the trials are difficult to overcome but I make it through and sometimes I overcome easily because I have so great faith. The Lord has shown me that in any given situation, He is right with me and that He is protecting and keeping me. He is building character and integrity in me. He is given me knowledge and wisdom, things I have asked for and He is providing for all of my needs.

Ladies, I believe that the Lord has so many great things for us but we must willing to receive them because are assured that He is giving His best to us. We cannot be reluctant to accept some things that we know are of/from the Lord. We know that He is looking out for our best interest and teaching us how to use the gifts that are within us. We know that He is the source of everything and no good thing will He withhold from them that "Walk" uprightly.

As I take some time to meditate on His word and ponder His goodness, I choose to receive everything that He provides and I am grateful to have a God that loves me so much.

Keep Walking,

MiVida
Shoes by L.A.M.B. Feisty


















2 comments:

Daughterofjoy said...

OH MY GOD, THAT IS A WORD FOR ME, GOD WILL WITHHOLD NO GOOD THING FOR YOU, SO WHY AM I CONSTANTLY TRYING TO DIG UP THAT THING WHICH IS DEAD, I GOT TO LET IT GO!!! THANK YOU SIS V FOR THOSE ENCOURAGING WORDS, GOD HAS SOO MUCH,BUT I'M JUST LIKE LORD I WANT IT NOW AND GOD IS LETTING ME KNOW, I GOT TO CLEANSE YOU AND PURGE YOU,BECAUSE WHEN HE GIVES ME WHAT IT IS HE'S GOING TO GIVE, I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT AND TO APPRECIATE IT. GOD IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD AND I JUST THANK THE LORD FOR HIS WORD, HIS TRUTH AND MOST OF ALL HIS LOVE!!! I WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITHOUT HIM IN MY LIFE!! BE ENCOURAGED SIS V!! AND ONE DAY YOU WILL BE GOING TO NEW MEXICO TO SEE YOUR MOTHER!!!

Pinkshoelady said...

Hey Sweet Friend,
I'm sorry it has been so long since I've stopped by. Life got in the way.
I've enjoyed your facebook stats, but truthfully I didn't realize how much I missed my time here with you until I came by.
I loved this post!
God has been working on my heart about clothes lately...clothes He wants us to wear.
Garments of Praise!
He tells us to put on love!
There are many more scriptures that tells us what we ought to put on.
I am going to be posting about these in the next few weeks after She Speaks conference this weekend.
I'm so glad I stopped by to catch up!
I love you
Pamela