Monday, August 3, 2009

Keep Walking




Hey Y'all,


I have been so distracted that I just looked up and realized that it is August already and the year is also to an end. While I have made some strides in certain areas of my life, I feel like I am on a treadmill in other areas. I have put a lot of things on the back burner, in the drawer and under the laundry to avoid facing them, doing them or even completing them. And I know that this is not what the Lord has for me. Last week I felt like Jonah, I was sitting on my bed and I actually said, I know what you want me to do but I don't feel ready to do it. So I started doing something else. I actually ran from what I knew He wanted me to do. Guess what, I still had to do the God thing.
I have used these distractions to keep me from truly pursuing my dreams: Lack of money, rejection, fear, hard work, the list goes on and on. While I speak externally the things that I want, I have failed to connect the natural and spiritual. I am speaking out loud,"they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing", but I am looking at my check book and the shoes I want and feeling most inadequate. I am saying, "Perfect Love casts out all fear", but I have been completely afraid.
But now it is time for me to face the things that the Lord has put within me.

Because I am a helper by nature, my goal is always to be of assistance whenever I can. I totally enjoy being involved in activities and the lives of others, so I take on projects and initiate activities that may not necessarily have anything to do with what I am supposed to be doing with MiVida. But I declare that a change is coming.

I woke up yesterday and decided that it was time to make that change. I am like a child with medicine, I have to take it in one big gulp.
  • I cleaned my room. Hallelujah. You can actually walk around. I am going to set up an office in the family room so that everything will be out of my resting place and I can rest. I need you to hold me to it.


  • I joined the gym. Yes, believe it. The goal is to feel better about me. To wake up alive and not need "5 more minutes please". I know the weight has kept me from standing in front of people. I am admitting it. So, much encouragement is needed.

  • I changed my hairstyle. Do I like it? Maybe. But I am stepping out of insanity. I can't keep doing the same thing, with the same result. No more insanity, I am doing something different.


  • I started planning our next FaithWithHeels events. I made some calls, got some rejections (there is that word again) but got some exciting, favorable results. I am an overcomer. Ladies look out because I think you will be surprised and excited.

  • I am planning for my future. Financially and personally. I am organizing my business and putting some pieces in order so that I can move forward in faith.


I still have a few things on my to-do list but as I accomplish my goals, I will be able to see my progress. I am walking in faith. I have to keep walking. I have to stay in this place, this secret place for a while. I am a woman of faith. I am using the Light to dispel the darkness that was creeping up around me.

Take some time today to make a list for yourself. Shed the things that are holding you back. Take one step forward and stand firm. Take another, then just Keep Walking.

God is Blessing,
MiVida es de Oro!
My Life is Golden!!!!!










1 comment:

Melanie said...

When you go into the "secret place", you're Father sees you and rewards you openly.
Melanie@Bella~Mella