Monday, August 31, 2009

One Mile in MY Shoes!



Yesterday felt like a family reunion. I saw some faces I hadn't seen in several years. I realized as I looked across the room that everyone of these faces has had a WALK in their lives. They have had some happy times and some that has made them quite sad. But through it all, the Glory of the Lord still seemed evident.


Each one of us has had areas in our lives were we have grown and have learned something vital about our own character. We have had to "Walk It Out" in faith and know that our trials were only temporary.


When I look back at some of the issues I have had to face, I realize that it was by God's grace that I was able to make it to the finish line. I had to overcome some major obstacles, stand in the midst of the fiery furnace and still say, "My God is well ABLE.". I know that I have not arrived in every area of my life, but I believe that I am pressing towards the mark and I am not where I used to be.


I don't let guilt bring me down but I walk in purpose, knowing that I must do better to be better. I kneel before the Lord and ask that He forgive me as I forgive but I always throw in a request for more grace and mercy, when I fall short.


I have learned not to judge a thing before it's time (1 Corin 4:5) because that may be the very thing that I struggle with or stumble over. And that some things only come out by fasting and prayer (Mark 9:29). So I use these tools to help me continue to walk.


Many of us have a story to tell about how the Lord has brought us through and how we have overcome. Some of us have walked miles in our journey to make it to the finish line, some have had some rough terrain and stormy weather, some are still on the path and believing God to bring them to an expected end. WE can all see the joy and pain in our walks of Faith. We can all testify and say that although we now rejoice in our trials, "It is not easy to walk a mile in these shoes."


Keep Walking,

MiVida
Shoes by Carlos Santana ~ Poetry

No comments: