Friday, August 14, 2009

Steppin' Out!


This is my spirit.

Okay so I am in this boat that the Lord has provided for me to reach my dreams. I am rowing along and taking my time, well really procrastinating, as I move forward towards the destination. I can see where I want to go, but it seems soooo far away and this rowing thing is not for me. I mean if you put me in a boat Jesus, at least put a motor on it. It IS the 21st century! I could be there by now. So I am rowing and rowin and rowi and row and ro and r, well I stopped. Boy am I tired. Jesus do you see where I am at, in the middle of nowhere, doing nothing and no one is passing by to help me. Great! Now the sun is going down and I know I am too far from the destination to make up the lost time now. Plus, there are these bugs flying around and the sun is beaming on me and all I smell is salt water and I am hungry and I don't have anyone to talk to, and, and, and...

And this is my spirit in Faith.

From where I am sitting, I could WALK faster than I am rowing. It really doesn't look THAT far and I HAVE done some water walking before. It's the God in Me, I can do this. I know that I am a conqueror in Jesus. Get moving cause it's really getting dark. That's it, I AM steppin' out.


For the past few weeks, I had been receiving telephone calls from an organization, who wanted to work with aspiring entrepreneurs to help them organize their businesses, develop a plan for their businesses and train them in leadership. I had not responded to the calls because of my inner fear about cost, time and expended energy to attend these classes. But thank you Jesus, I am glad that I did.

I am often hesitant at first because I didn't really see what was in store for me. This was going to take a lot of time, that I don't have and I really have no money to attend these sessions. Plus I work full time. But all I knew was that I had been dreaming of my business, knew exactly what I desired for my business and knew I wanted to get there. And even with great possibilities in front of me, I quit rowing. I just stopped everything that really had been blessing me to go forth.

Well this telephone call was right on time. The woman I spoke with invited me to a 6 session training class that helps businesses structure themselves to help others. Again I hesitated because I didn't have the funds to pay for this type of training, although I was highly intrigued and wanted to go very badly. Something told me to just say, "Yes". So I said, "Yes". Once I hung up the phone, thoughts came to me, discouraging me and telling me to decline the offer. But God said, "NO, you are going".

I called the woman back just because I was curious about the cost, if it was too high, I would definitely have to decline. But she said, "Paid in Full by our organization, you just have to show up." My jaw hit the floor. "Really, what's the catch?", I thought. But there is not catch. Because I attended some other workshops and I agreed, they are investing in me to help me, so I can help others. They are even giving me mentors and coaches to help me become all that I can be.

Longstory/short - I am sooooo glad that I stepped out of the boat and chose to "Walk On Water". I will share more about this great assignment and adventure because there are some great business owners, you will have to meet. They are my new BFFs.

The moral of this story is: When you have fear in the face of some great opportunities, that is the time for you to begin steppin' out. You will always be able to do great things through Him, but you have go to trust HIM when He says, "COME".

Keep Walking,

MiVida
Shoes are Flosier by Aldo

No comments: